Adults can get up to the darnedest things when bored or left to their own devices. I think I told you before that all of the students are divided into groups called seas: Yellow Sea, Red Sea, etc. and the LLLs chose to be called Sea Salts. We have done some crazy things in the Olympics, opening ceremonies, etc. and now we just recorded a rap song, with Betty and I narrating, and Peter rapping, about our time on board ship. Amy, Justin and Annie are mixing the narration, music and video which is hilarious. It's a takeoff on senior citizens and rap, and what we've done, or haven't done, on the voyage.
Wed. evening Amy asked us all to go to the Lounge for some dance video at 9:15 pm. (Before that we attended a wonderful lecture by a husband and wife professor on Hawaii's volcanoes.) Someone had put on a dance CD with crazy dances like the Chicken, and a few of us started dancing. Before we knew it, everyone was dancing, including LLCs, faculty and staff and we danced for hours. I haven't done that for years! Later the younger set put on rap and apparently were up until 2:30 am. Don't know why we haven't done this before now. The bar is only open at 9 pm for an hour, but even the bartender ended up dancing. Good times. I guess the video is going to be shown at pre-port which is tomorrow evening.
Last night we saw a wonderful documentary on John Muir which Peter co-produced, much like Ken Burns' series last year on the national parks. We have been to Muir Woods in San Francisco with son Pete, many years ago, but I want to go back to Yosemite and that might be our next trip! We started collecting national park stickers for an album a couple of years ago.
The seas are much calmer and the weather has heated up. The number of bikinis attest to the heat of the sun! Rick and I are leasing a convertible and driving around to Kona and the beaches on Sunday. When we were here a year or so ago, we rented a convertible and had a ball. High school all over again. I think that we are going to be bored when we get home! Something going on every day and night on the ship and all the side trips have kept us very busy. But we're looking forward to peace and quiet also!
I agree...you will be BORED when you get home!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are 'close' and still having a ball!!!
Get a copy of that video....would love to see it.
xoxoxoxo