It's funny, rumors are rampant on the ship. From how many people have gone off the ship to why we always land on Sundays to when we're going to have tacos for lunch! The Dean's Memo, which is on the intranet, always dispells these rumors with facts.
Saturday we had dinner with our onboard family. 400 students signed up for surrogate-like parents and were asssigned to each LLL who volunteered. We have 5 students, Paul from .U. of Maine, Carla from Bentley in Boston, Natalie from U. of Colo., Brittany from Marquette, Hannah from Viterbo in Wisc., and Kyle who adopted us as his family. Had a lively dinner with them and we'll do several dinners, etc. with them during the course of the voyage. They can talk to us anytime about anything, although there is a resident psychologist on board.
That same evening, our cultural group met, which started out as a book review group. The students talked about their experiences in Brazil, especially those who went to Rio. While we were meeting, the seas began to get rough and I didn't have my bracelets on, nor had I taken myclicine, so no sooner did I get back to our cabin, then I threw up and continued to do so all night. I spent yesterday in bed and both Rick and I slept all day. I couldn't keep anything down until today, even though the seas turned calm. It is just beautiful out there now, blue skies, blue seas.
We've been invited to dine with the Captain this evening, first group to do so, a combination of students, faculty and LLLs.
Our cabin with balcony and hide-a-bed
Students running from ferries through torrential rain to get on ship.
Imagine that...teenagers starting rumors. LOL.
ReplyDeleteVery nice that those 'kids' have both of you to talk to. You have A LOT of experience!! They are blessed to have you. And, small world... a student from CU. Jen will have to look her up when you get back.
Hoping the little girl that was bitten is fine. I bet that was a scary thing.
The ship and your room look lovely!!!!! Glad you have calm seas and beautiful weather.
LOVE YOU BOTH.
XoXoXoXo
P.S.- Pinch and a Punch!