Friday, January 14, 2011

Rocking and Rolling!

Just met a girl in the hallway who asked "Where's the nearest bathroom?"  I didn't know because I was on my way to our cabin for the same thing, and NO I didn't invite her to use ours.  Last night about 2000 hours, during a discussion of a book the entire ship is reading, it sounded as if the back of the ship was falling off and the noise scared all of us.  Then we slowed to 13 knots, were told that we were refueling tonigy at 2000 hours, but it's really to drop off a passenger who hurt his knee.  Now we're doing 19 knots in heavy swell and I'm not feeling so hot.  Supposed to go to a class at 1335 but don't think I'll make it.  Love interacting with the students.  They are so bright, shy at first, but get them discussing some of the global issues we're studying, and they are very articulate, and of course, idealistic.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of the injured student. Bet he/she is devasted at losing this opportunity.
    Glad you are enjoying the students!

    Still hoping the sea quiets down soon!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete